GEM Technologies, Inc. (GEM) is seeking a Shift Manager to join our team at the Y-12 National Security Complex in Oak Ridge, TN, which provides integral mission support to the NNSA. The ideal candidate has experience with Y-12 and general DOE operations, a Q Clearance, and must be adept at planning/scheduling daily work and project activities in designated facilities.
This position will serve the Y-12 National Security Complex in Oak Ridge, TN.
About the site: https://nnsa.energy.gov/aboutus/ourlocations/y-12-national-security-complex
- Responsible for planning, scheduling, and authorization of operations activities in manufacturing facilities using the POD (Plan of the Day) or POW.
- Responsible for operations/functional activities and ensures that operations are conducted in accordance with approved procedures, environmental regulations, operational safety requirements, technical safety requirements, Criticality Safety Approvals (CSAs), Criticality Safety Requirements (CSRs), and health and safety requirements.
- Maintain proper configuration and authorize status changes to major equipment and systems.
- Ensure that the minimum shift staffing requirements are met.
- Coordinate actions of support organizations to ensure production needs are met.
- Responds to problems in the assigned facilities, directs corrective actions, ensuring appropriate response personnel are notified, and informing management as required by Y14-001 Conduct of Operations Manual.
- Works with various support groups to ensure continued safe operations during routine activities and changing conditions.
- Performs and documents shift rounds, routine inspections, scope of work walkdowns and narrative logbooks, as required.
- Performs daily inspections of facilities.
- Observes structural status, facility conditions, maintenance, and housekeeping status.
- Responsible for monitoring, managing, and updating required facility documents.
- Serves as main POC for facilities of responsibility.
- Bachelor's degree and 10+ years’ relevant experience.
- An active DOE “Q” clearance is required.
- Due to the nature of the work, a U.S. Citizenship is required.
- Must demonstrate excellent written and oral communication skills and be able to interact and communicate clearly with all levels of personnel including senior management, hourly personnel, and NNSA Production Office customers
- Knowledge of SAP, FMES and other Y-12 specific computer systems is preferred.
- Experience in 9201-5/5E and 9204-4 is preferred.
- Be able to provide support for future project planning and the ability to interpret blueprints, drawings, sketches, seek out process knowledge, and interact with subcontractors.
About GEM: We are a federal contractor to the Department of Energy, its major contractors, and state-level and commercial agencies throughout the nation. Founded in 1994 as an engineering and technical services company, our service lines have since expanded to include environmental remediation, facilities maintenance, construction, demolition, and waste management. We are headquartered near Oak Ridge, TN, and provide nationwide services in locations that include Texas, Illinois, Idaho, Kentucky, New Mexico, Ohio, Georgia, and South Carolina.
GEM Technologies Inc., is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer