Category: Project Manager
GEM Technologies, Inc. (GEM) is seeking an early-career Project Manager to join our team at the Pantex Plant in Amarillo, TX, which provides integral mission support to the NNSA. The ideal candidate has 5 years experience managing, coordinating, and administering projects up to $10M through the planning, engineering, procurement, construction, and turnover stages. They will additionally hold responsibility for Project execution ensuring that the Project is delivered within contract requirements, standards of quality, and safety. They should have some experience in at least one of the following functions: engineering, procurement, quality, and construction.
This position will serve Pantex Plant in Amarillo, TX.
**Position has potential for some telework once trained and successfully performing work.
About the site: https://nnsa.energy.gov/aboutus/ourlocations/pantex-plant
- Responsible for managing, coordinating, and administering small, complex studies or projects up to $10M in total cost.
- Responsible for the conceptual stages through planning, engineering, procurement, construction, and turnover.
- Supports communications and presentations to customers.
- Supervises the development of budgets and schedules, manages performance, reports progress, and initiates action to assure program/project objectives and schedules are met and work is performed within budget and according to specifications.
- Resolves problems and coordinates the final turnover of the project.
- Provides leadership for the development and maintenance of a high-performance project team.
- Has overall responsibility for Project execution, ensuring that Project is delivered within contract requirements, standards of quality and safety.
- Bachelor's degree and 5 years’ of directly relevant experience.
- Additional years of relevant experience can be considered in lieu of a degree.
- PMI certification, preferred.
- Experience in various project management activities such as planning, budgeting and performance measurement.
- Ability to develop, manage and lead engineering and construction projects on time and within budget.
- Demonstrated ability to develop, implement and direct project planning.
- Demonstrated knowledge of applicable project management processes and control systems, including the earned value management system.
- Ability to manage and direct the activities of technical and administrative project personnel.
- Ability to identify and develop required resources to support project schedules.
- Ability to logically and systematically evaluate project and process problems to determine appropriate solutions.
- Ability to interface with internal and external customers, including management, and NPO/NNSA.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multi-disciplinary teams and allocate resources and resolve programmatic conflicts.
- Full knowledge of analytical problem-solving techniques.
- Ability to understand correlation between projects and subcontract formation and administration.
- Ability to present information clearly and effectively through the oral and written word.
- Experience in at least one of the following functions: Engineering, Procurement, Quality and Construction.
- Due to the nature of the work, a U.S. Citizenship is required.
About GEM: We are a federal contractor to the Department of Energy, its major contractors, and state-level and commercial agencies throughout the nation. Founded in 1994 as an engineering and technical services company, our service lines have since expanded to include environmental remediation, facilities maintenance, construction, demolition, and waste management. We are headquartered near Oak Ridge, TN, and provide nationwide services in locations that include Texas, Illinois, Idaho, Kentucky, New Mexico, Ohio, Georgia, and South Carolina.
GEM Technologies Inc., is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer