Category: Program Manager / Director
GEM Technologies, Inc. (GEM) is seeking a Program Director to join our team that provides integral mission support to the NNSA. This position will serve in our Western Region Corporate Office in Idaho Falls, ID as a direct report to the Vice President of Infrastructure and Environmental Services. They will provide leadership and interface for GEM Technologies, Inc.’s infrastructure, construction, demolition, remediation, and abatement projects throughout the Western Regions of the United States, as directed.
- Responsible for assigned projects performing in accordance with approved training, policies, procedures, and instructions in a safe manner.
- Provide recommendations to GEM leadership related to innovative ideas or approaches to processes and procedures to increase efficiency and effectiveness and to support to cost saving initiatives, as applicable.
- Support technical, cost, and schedule elements for federal proposals.
- Provide approval in the preparation and review of procedures and other related documents, as applicable.
- Interface with clients and make decisions in the field.
- Ensure all staff participate in recurring training and that qualifications/certifications remain current.
- Responsible for the overall safety and management of personnel on single to multiple projects, while utilizing DOE Integrated Safety Management Systems (ISMS) principles.
- Understanding of implementation of Industrial Hygiene programs
- Establishing and executing project objectives, project budgets and P-6 schedules, as well as EVMS reporting and acting as a liaison with prime client contracts.
- Analyze projects to determine scope, schedule requirements, and coordinate priorities to effectively bring projects within budget and on schedule.
- Execute effective planning, design and engineering, scheduling, budgeting, quality assurance, inspections, and coordination for both internal and external technical support staff.
- Implement and develop tools and technologies that can be applied to the budgeting, scheduling, staffing and, ultimately, job performance of assigned projects.
- Identify schedule and cost variances and effectively correct those variances managing each project to budget and schedule.
- Ensure that awarded contracts are executed per the approved Work Plan and that the company quality control and quality assurance program is implemented and upheld to meet all activities.
- Perform other duties as assigned by GEM Vice President of Infrastructure and Environmental Services.
- Bachelor’s degree with 20+ years of proven Project Management experience on Federally funded projects.
- Preferred experience related to DOE (i.e. EM, NE, NNSA) funded projects in the following fields:
- Nuclear and non-nuclear Facility Infrastructure, Construction, D&D, and/or abatement services.
- PMP Certification preferred but not required.
- Project Management responsibility for projects >$20M
- 10+ years of proven Senior Management experience in a prime contractor environment on Federally funded projects.
- Idaho National Laboratory site experience preferred.
- Record of outstanding safety performance on projects.
- Experience interfacing with clients and having decision making authority in the field.
- Position will require excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to process and manage project budgets and financial data.
- Experience managing IDIQ and FFP contracts.
- An active DOE Q or DOD TS clearance is preferred.
About GEM: We are a federal contractor to the Department of Energy, its major contractors, and state-level and commercial agencies throughout the nation. Founded in 1994 as an engineering and technical services company, our service lines have since expanded to include environmental remediation, facilities maintenance, construction, demolition, and waste management. We are headquartered near Oak Ridge, TN, and provide nationwide services in locations that include Texas, Illinois, Idaho, Kentucky, New Mexico, Ohio, Georgia, and South Carolina.
GEM Technologies Inc., is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer