Category: Safeguards / NMC&A
GEM Technologies, Inc. (GEM) is seeking a Derivative Document Classifier to join our team at the Y-12 National Security Complex in Oak Ridge, TN, which provides integral mission support to the NNSA. The ideal candidate has an active DOE “Q” clearance, experience providing specialized support, and is a qualified Derivative Classifier and UCNI Reviewing Official.
This position will serve full-time at Commerce Park in support of the Y-12 National Security Complex in Oak Ridge, TN.
About the site: https://nnsa.energy.gov/aboutus/ourlocations/y-12-national-security-complex
- Perform reviews of documents and records that will be released to the public.
- Ensure that the documents/records do not contain any classified information or information that is otherwise prohibited or exempted from public release.
- Report any loss or potential loss of classified documents.
- Provide specialized support and execute classification reviews on documents/records in support of the CNS Legal organization.
- Document records associated with legal matters and litigation involving DOE/NNSA or CNS.
- Extract and/or summarize classified information.
- Assist document originators to determine, prior to generating a document, if the content could be classified according to Classification Guide and its classification level after produced.
- Document and review paperwork pertaining to current or former employees involved in litigation, court proceedings and hearings, or when process has been served to CNS to produce documents/records under a subpoena or court order.
- Apply a classification decision derived from the source document or as directed by the Classification Guide.
- Assist document custodians with any marking concerns or for complex documents such as those with appendix, attachments, etc.
- Identify the applicable reference of the Classification Guide used for the classification of material.
- Maintain familiarity with the content and application of the following Classification Guides:
- CG-SS-5 - Classification and UCNI Guide for Safeguards and Security Information
- CG-W-5 - Joint DOE/DoD Nuclear Weapon Classification Policy Guide
- TCG-BTS-2 - Joint DOE/DoD Topical Classification Guide for Boosting and Transfer Systems
- TCG-NAS-1 - Joint DOE/DoD Topical Classification Guide for Nuclear Assembly Systems
- TCG-UC-3 - Joint DOE/DoD Topical Classification Guide for Nuclear Weapon Use Control
- TCG-WI-3 – Joint DOE/DoD Topical Classification Guide for Weapon Initiators
- TCG-WM-2 - Joint DOE/DoD Topical Classification Guide for Nuclear Weapon Materials
- TCG-WPMU-3 - Joint DOE/DoD Topical Classification Guide for Weapon Production and Military Use
- GG-5 - General Guideline for Unclassified Controlled Nuclear Information (UCNI)
- Bachelor's degree and 7+ years’ of directly relevant experience.
- Additional years of relevant experience can be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Qualification as a Derivative Classifier, required.
- Qualification as a UCNI Reviewing Official, required.
- Must have an in-depth demonstrated knowledge of information classification analysis and the requirements for public release of information.
- Due to the nature of the work, a U.S. Citizenship is required.
About GEM: We are a federal contractor to the Department of Energy, its major contractors, and state-level and commercial agencies throughout the nation. Founded in 1994 as an engineering and technical services company, our service lines have since expanded to include environmental remediation, facilities maintenance, construction, demolition, and waste management. We are headquartered near Oak Ridge, TN, and provide nationwide services in locations that include Texas, Illinois, Idaho, Kentucky, New Mexico, Ohio, Georgia, and South Carolina.
GEM Technologies Inc., is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer