Category: Technical / Procedure Writer
GEM Technologies, Inc. (GEM) is seeking a Cyber Security Procedure / Technical Writer to join our team at the Pantex Plant in Amarillo, TX, which supports integral mission support to the NNSA.
This position will serve the Pantex Plant in Amarillo, TX.
About the site: www.nnsa.energy.gov/aboutus/ourlocations/pantex-plant
This is a professional technical writing position within the Information Systems & Services (IS&S) Cyber Security Organization. The responsibilities of the person in this position is documenting cyber security policies, procedures and authorization documentation pertaining to all network and operating environments to include, but not limited to:
- Ability to present administrative, technical, and operational information clearly and effectively through the oral and written word as well as diagrams and charts.
- Coordinating and ensuring technical requirements of cyber security are appropriately documented and integrated into the overall site security efforts.
- Reviewing and analyzing planned projects and initiatives that may have an impact on the cyber security policies and procedures.
- Evaluating cyber threats, vulnerabilities, and risk to computing resources and clearly communicate into written policies and procedures.
- Researching and documenting security best practices for particular devices, applications, and emerging technologies.
- Evaluating compliance with the organization's security policies and making recommendations for areas of improvement.
- Knowledge of federal cybersecurity protection standards and baselines (e.g. NIST Cybersecurity Framework, NIST 800 series Special Publications, DoD STIGs, CNSSI 1253, DOE SD 205.1, DOE O 205.1).
- Ability to develop and update cybersecurity policy documents, system security plans, baselines and threat models for deployment and risk acceptance decisions.
- Strong teamwork skills, including interaction with end users and operations personnel, in a service-oriented environment.
- Understanding of networking technologies and protocols.
- This position requires at a minimum a Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field and 5+ years of relevant experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience including certifications (e.g., SANS Training, CISSP, or other security certifications).
- The successful candidate must have excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Applicants must be a U.S. Citizen and have an active or recently active DOE “Q” clearance.
GEM Technologies Inc., is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer