Category: Accounting / Finance
GEM Technologies, Inc. (GEM) is seeking a Cost Analyst interested in working at the Waste Isolation Pilot Plant in Carlsbad, NM, which provides integral mission support to the NNSA. Key skills for this role will include experience in Earned Value Management (EVM) and software systems like COBRA with the ideal candidate having DOE experience, particularly within cost review/support.
This position will serve the WIPP Site in Carlsbad, NM.
About the site: https://www.wipp.energy.gov/
- Support the planning, reviewing, and data collection to determine costs of business activity such as raw material purchases, subcontracts, and labor.
- Perform variance analysis between actual and standard costs.
- Analyze data collected and confirm accuracy.
- Assist in month-end close of the General Ledger.
- Provide cost analysis results to assist senior management in decision-making or other financial initiatives.
- Supports the Control Account Manager (CAM) in the following:
- Developing work packages and Planning Packages (PPs) to identify Control Account (CA) tasks, start and completion dates, time-phased budget spreads, resource requirements, and Earned Value (EV) techniques.
- Implementing schedule activities and durations and mapping of each activity to its “parent” work package or PP in the schedule application system database.
- Verifying scope, schedule, and budget traceability.
- Providing a status of work progress.
- Preparing, processing, and implementing baseline change requests.
- Preparing cost estimates.
- Generating, updating and deleting accruals.
- Approving work authorizations and charge number distributions.
- Verifying charges are appropriate and accurate.
- Reviewing subcontractor’s cost and schedule status and ensuring it is accurately reflected in the monthly performance data including discussing variances and adjustments.
- Performing monthly Cost and Schedule Variance analysis and providing corrective actions/recovery plans, as needed.
- Documenting and performing corrective actions necessary to execute work and control future performance.
- Assessing CA Estimates to Complete and initiating revisions when warranted.
- Revising forecasts of schedule activities, as necessary.
- Providing inputs/updates to monthly performance reports.
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in accounting/financial management majors.
- 5+ years’ relevant cost experience.
- Applicants must be able to obtain and maintain a DOE “Q” clearance.
- Due to the nature of the work, a U.S. Citizenship is required.
About GEM: We are a federal contractor to the Department of Energy, its major contractors, and state-level and commercial agencies throughout the nation. Founded in 1994 as an engineering and technical services company, our service lines have since expanded to include environmental remediation, facilities maintenance, construction, demolition, and waste management. We are headquartered near Oak Ridge, TN, and provide nationwide services in locations that include Texas, Illinois, Idaho, Kentucky, New Mexico, Ohio, Georgia, and South Carolina.
GEM Technologies Inc., is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer