Category: Project Controls / Estimating
GEM Technologies, Inc. (GEM) is seeking a Control Account Manager (CAM) interested in working at the Waste Isolation Pilot Plant in Carlsbad, NM, which supports integral mission support to the NNSA. The ideal candidate has DOE experience, particularly within cost management, ownership ability, and sound communication skills to effectively interface with internal and external customers.
This position will serve the WIPP Site in Carlsbad, NM.
About the site: https://www.wipp.energy.gov/
- Have the responsibility, authority, and accountability for the planning and performance of each Control Account (CA) assigned to them.
- Manage the cost, schedule, and technical performance of the CA and for supporting all customer meetings and data requested pertaining to the CA.
- Have the authority to review and approve all work assignments, documents and commitments involving the Control Account.
- Responsible for ensuring the accomplishment of work in their control account and is the focal point for management control.
- Authorized within the budget provided by the PM to obtain resources necessary for cost, schedule, and technical objectives.
- Participates in Program Reviews, Performance Management Baseline and other project or management reviews.
- Develops work packages and PPs to identify CA tasks, start and completion dates, time-phased budget spreads, resource requirements, and EV techniques.
- Implement schedule activities and durations and map each activity to its “parent” work package or PP in the schedule application system database.
- Verifies scope, schedule, and budget traceability.
- Status work progresses.
- Prepares, processes, and implements change requests.
- Prepares cost estimates.
- Generates accruals.
- Approves work authorizations and charge number distributions
- Verifies charges are appropriate and accurate.
- Reviews and approves subcontractor’s cost and schedule status and ensure it is accurately reflected in the monthly performance data including discussing variances and adjustments.
- Performs monthly Cost and Schedule Variance analysis and provide corrective actions/recovery plans, as needed.
- Documents and performs corrective actions necessary to execute work and control future performance.
- Assess CA ETC and initiate revisions when warranted.
- Revise forecasts of schedule activities, as necessary.
- Bachelor's degree and 15+ years of relevant experience.
- Experience in cost estimates, accruals, schedules, and monthly variance analysis.
- Knowledge of revising forecasts of schedule activities.
- Due to the nature of the position, US Citizenship is required with the ability to obtain and maintain a federal clearance.
About GEM: We are a federal contractor to the Department of Energy, its major contractors, and state-level and commercial agencies throughout the nation. Founded in 1994 as an engineering and technical services company, our service lines have since expanded to include environmental remediation, facilities maintenance, construction, demolition, and waste management. We are headquartered near Oak Ridge, TN, and provides nationwide services in locations that include Texas, Illinois, Kentucky, New Mexico, Ohio, Georgia, and South Carolina.
GEM Technologies Inc., is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer